The conference will take place at the University of Trento, Department of Economics and Management, Via Inama 5, – 38122 Trento (Italy).
How to reach us
The University building is located in Via Inama 5 in the historic center of Trento. You can reach Trento by Train (Trento Centro) or by Flight (Aeroporto di Verona – 100 km distance) as well as by car.
On foot from the Train station
The Department of Economics and Management is 15 minutes walking distance from the train station (map online here).
Arrival by train, car or plane
Trento is connected with direct fast trains to Verona, Bologna, Venezia, Roma, Napoli, and München Hbf. The main train station is Trento Centrale.
If you don’t depart from any of those cities, it is likely you will have to change your train in Verona Porta Nuova.
Time tables and prices are available in the websites of Trenitalia (https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html), OBB (https://www.oebb.at/en/), Deutsche Bahn (https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml) and Trainline (https://www.thetrainline.com/it).
The easiest way to reach Trento by car is the Autostrada del Brennero A22 / E45: exit at “Trento Sud” if you come from the south or “Trento Nord – Interporto” if you come from the north.
Trento does not have an airport: the nearest three in Italy are the Aeroporto Valerio Catullo in Verona (https://www.aeroportoverona.it/), the Aeroporto Internazionale Marco Polo in Venezia (https://www.veneziaairport.it/ ) and the Aeroporto G. Marconi in Bologna (https://www.bologna-airport.it/en/welcome-to-bologna-airport/?idC=62175#section-mbl-form).
- Flying to Verona (VRN): From the Valerio Catullo airport to Trento, you need to reach the train station Verona Porta Nuova. You can take the Aerobus 199 (https://www.aeroportoverona.it/en/transport/aerobus.html) or other ATV line (https://www.atv.verona.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/EN/IDPagina/90?54c8be6e30eed) which leaves every 20 minutes from the airport. The ticket can be bought on board, and costs 6€.
Then take a train to Trento: see “By train” – the train trip should last approximately 1 hour, and you won’t have to change train.
- Flying to Venezia (VCE): From the Marco Polo airport, you would then need to reach the train station Venezia Mestre (Mestre-Stazione FF.SS.): you can take the bus 15 (for more information and timetables see HERE), which leaves every 30 minutes from the airport. The ticket can be bought at the bus stop, and costs 8€. Then take a train to Trento: see “By train” – the train trip should last approximately between 1 hour 55 minutes, if you pass through Verona (if possible, book with a good advance the OBB Eurocity, so you won’t have to change; this, however, only runs once a day, leaving Venezia Mestre at 14:02), and 3 hours 20 minutes, if you pass through Bassano del Grappa (this alternative is in general not recommended; if you can’t take the OBB, book a trip with change in Verona Porta Nuova).
- Flying to Bologna (BLQ): From the G. Marconi airport, you would then need to reach the train station “Bologna centrale”. You can take Aerobus-BLQ (for more information and timetables see HERE, which leaves every 11 minutes from the airport. The ticket can be bought online or from the automatic vending machines located in the airport, and costs 8,70€; then take a train to Trento: see “By train” – the train trip should last approximately between 1 hour 55 minutes (if you take the OBB Eurocity or a Frecciargento and 2 hours 45 minutes (if you take the Regionale Veloce).
Travel in the city center
A map of the city center is available HERE
The conference venue is in Via Viglio Inama 5, 38122 Trento. There is another entrance to the same department in Via Antonio Rosmini 44: if you enter there, you will need to cross the indoor garden to reach the correct building.
Uber service is not available in Italy. Taxi is also an option in case of need. You can book a taxi by phoning the call center, by email or sms. For more information, see TaxiTrento
The best way to reach the Department is by walking.
Lunch and dinner options
Here is a non-exhaustive list of options close to the conference venue:
– Pizzeria da Albert (pizza)
– Al Duomo (pizza and restaurant)
– Osteria a “Le Due Spade” (traditional dishes)
– Ai Vicoli (restaurant)
– Il Simposio Bar Ristorante (restaurant)
– Gusto Giusto (hamburgers)
Most bars and cafes in the city sell small snacks, a few really close to the conference venue are:
– Caffè Verdi
– Bar Ristorante Università
– Line Café
– Bar Duomo
– Sosi Magna Laude
Some additional options for dinner:
– Uva e Menta (pizza)
– Ristorante Ca dei Gobj (pizza and restaurant)
– Sushi Zen (sushi)
– Pizzeria Ristorante Alla Grotta (pizza and restaurant)
– Osteria Il Cappello (restaurant)
– Pizza e… Pizza Trento (pizza)
– Ristorante Pizzeria Doc (pizza and restaurant)
– Forsterbräu Trento (traditional dishes)
– Ristorante e Pizza Antico Pozzo (pizza and restaurant)
– Green Tower Ristorante Pizzeria (pizza and restaurant)
– Acquaefarina Trento (pizza)